Nevada law requires each state regulatory body to create an online resource for immigrants that provides information on how to obtain a license to practice each occupation or profession which the regulatory body regulates. This is the page for the occupational licenses regulated by the Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance: dietitian, music therapist and medical laboratory personnel.
Below is some key information for immigrants applying for a medical laboratory personnel, dietitian or music therapist license in Nevada
- You do not have to be a United States citizen.
- Your immigration status does not matter.
- You do not need a Social Security number, but you must provide an alternative personally identifying number to include your individual taxpayer identification number when completing an application for a license.
- Note: A Social Security number or alternative personally identifying number, including an individual taxpayer identification number, provided to HCQC for licensing purposes is confidential and is not a public record for the purposes of Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 239.
To become a licensed dietitian in Nevada you must first become a registered dietitian. To become a registered dietitian, go to the Commission on Dietetic Registration website and apply for registration.
Once you are a registered dietitian go to the Dietitians In Nevada web page to apply for licensure and for information on additional licensure requirements, such as the requirements for a background check.
If you need any assistance or have any questions regarding becoming a licensed dietitian in Nevada, send an email to email@example.com.
To become a music therapist in Nevada you must have successfully completed an academic program approved by the American Music Therapy Association with a bachelor’s degree or higher in music therapy and have passed the examination for board certification offered by the Certification Board for Music Therapists or be a board-certified music therapist. For information on approved academic programs, sitting for the examination or becoming a board-certified music therapist go to the Certification Board for Music Therapists website.
Once you obtain the needed qualifications, as noted above, go to the Music Therapists In Nevada web page to apply for licensure and for information on additional licensure requirements, such as the requirements for a background check.
If you need any assistance or have any questions regarding becoming a music therapist in Nevada, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical Laboratory Personnel
To obtain a license/certificate as a medical laboratory personnel go to the Medical Laboratories and Personnel web page.
If you need any assistance or have any questions about applying for a medical laboratory personnel license in Nevada, send an email to email@example.com.
Below is a list of the types of Medical Laboratory Personnel licenses:
- Licensed Laboratory Director
- Pulmonary Laboratory Director
- Registered Laboratory Director
- Laboratory Assistant
- Office Laboratory Assistant
- Pathologist's Assistant
- General Supervisor of a Licensed Laboratory
- Technicians (see types below)
- Blood gas
- Technologist (see types below)
- Blood gas
- Clinical laboratory
- Point of Care Analyst