Permits: Camping and Recreational Vehicle Parks

PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT permit or inspect Mobile Home Parks

Environmental Health Section does not permit Mobile Home Parks, if you have questions related to mobile home parks please contact:   

Manufactured Housing Division at (775) 684-2940.

    Permit to Operate

    All persons intending to operate a camping or recreational vehicle park in Nevada must obtain a permit from the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Environmental Health Section. All sanitation facilities for camping spaces in Nevada which are constructed, reconstructed or extensively altered after November 21, 1970, must conform to the requirements in NAC 444.5461 to 444.54675.

      Supplemental Application

      All persons intending to operate a Camping and Recreational Vehicle Park facility must submit a Supplemental Application. This application collects information specific to the facility type.

        Checklist: Documentation Requirements

        • Permit to Operate
        • Supplemental Application
        • Plot plan or map drawn to scale
        • Water Source Permit
        • Sanitation Facility Permit

        Plan Review Requirements

        Any person providing camping spaces, must notify the health authority at least 30 days before their intended use and furnish the following information:
           (a) Names and addresses of owners or operators;
           (b) Location of facilities;
           (c) Size of camp and facilities;
           (d) Number of camping spaces available;
           (e) Water availability;
           (f) Sewage system and sanitation facilities;
           (g) Garbage facilities; and
           (h) Availability of open pit fires or enclosed fire facilities.


          • Permit Fees
            • $166 plus $1.50 for each camping space over 30 (annually)
          • Plan Review Fees
            • New: $166 plus $1.50 for each camping space over 30
            • Remodel: $100

          Payment of Fees

          The permit fee(s) must be paid using the on-line system (CLICS). The on-line system requires an e-check or credit card. If unable to use the on-line system, the accepted payment types include, check or money order. Please make payable to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.