Environmental Health Complaints

The Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health - Environmental Health Section is responsible for regulatory oversight of permitted facilities in rural counties. Filing a complaint through this system is the most direct way to submit your concern. Complaints are routed directly to the office that has oversight authority for the facility in question.

    Depending on the nature of the complaint, type of food product, the place of purchase and the location it was prepared or manufactured, DPBH-EHS will either conduct the investigation or refer the complaint to the local, state or federal agency with regulatory authority.

      Local Health Authorities

      There are five health jurisdictions in the state of Nevada. Below is a list of Nevada counties and links to their complaint systems.

        State of Nevada, Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Environmental Health Section

        In addition to main office located in Reno, Nevada, the state also has offices in Elko, Ely, Winnemucca and Pahrump. See Office Locations for details.

          How to File

          • Call the Complaint Line at (775) 684-5280
            • If no one is available to assist you please leave a message. Every effort will be made to return your call by the next business day.
            • Calls involving foodborne illness will be returned within 1 business day.
            • All other calls will be returned within 2 business days.
          • Submit a complaint by email to

          The Environmental Health Section accepts complaints for the following issues

          • Food Establishments
            • Establishment Conditions
            • Dog in the facility
            • Illness resulting from the consumption of food made in Nevada
            • Food Product Problem
            • Food Employee Behavior
            • Operating without a permit
          • Sewage
            • Sewage Spill or Problem (Individual Sewage Disposal System)
            • Individual Sewage Disposal System - Failure
            • Individual Sewage Disposal System - Construction without a permit
          • Public Accommodations (Hotels and Motels)
            • General Cleanliness
            • Bed Bugs
          • Public Bathing (Pool and Spa)
            • Chemical Imbalance
            • Structural Conditions
            • Safety Issues
            • Note: Residential pool complaints for mosquito or other condition should be directed to the local building department.
          • Jail Conditions
          • Highway Rest Area Conditions
          • Recreational Vehicle Park and Campground Conditions

          Local Health Jurisdictions

          If the complaint originated in one of these counties or cities please contact them directly to submit your complaint.

            • Areas Served: Carson City and Douglas County (Cities: Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa, Glenbrook, South Lake Tahoe, and Topaz Lake)
            • Address: 900 East Long Street Carson City Nevada 89701
            • Areas Served: Churchill, City of Fallon, Pershing, Eureka and Mineral Counties
            • Address: 155 N. Taylor Street, Suite 153 Fallon Nevada 89406
            • Churchill and Fallon (775) 867-8181
            • Pershing (775) 273-0305
            • Eureka (775) 254-0305
            • Mineral (775) 258-0145
            • Areas Served: Washoe County (Cities: Reno, Sparks, Gerlach, Vya, Pyramid, Washoe City)
            • Address 1001 East 9th Street, Reno, Nevada 89520
            • Phone: (775) 328-2434