Video Training Modules
Nevada POLST provides the only POLST-authorized trainers and trainings in Nevada. Before implementing a POLST program or completing a POLST for a patient, be sure you understand the Nevada POLST Program by viewing the four videos.
Nevada POLST is a program, not just a form. For the success of this program — that is, to reduce the stress and confusion of patients, providers, and families in determining the appropriate level of treatment at the end of life — education is critical.
Nevada POLST training focuses on the most recent form (#090817). Although the older form (#111913) is still valid, please use Nevada POLST form #090817 for all future POLST documentation as it reflects current legislation: it indicates clearly that APRNs and PAs may sign as well as physicians, it addresses decisional capacity, and provides the option for a Health Care Surrogate.
- Module 1
- The history of POLST
- Difference between Nevada POLST and Advance Directives
- How to begin a POLST conversation
- How to be sure the POLST is available when needed
- Module 2
- Completing the Nevada POLST Medical Order (Side 1 of the POLST form)
- Module 3
- Completing Side 2 (Supplementary Information)
- Nevada Lockbox
- Surrogates vs. representatives
- Making changes or voiding a POLST
- Reimbursement for completing a POLST
- Spanish-language POLST
- Module 4
- Legal considerations
- Research supporting POLST
Conference Participation or Community Education
To request Nevada POLST participation or presentation at a conference or community education (patients, families, the general public), send an email request with specifics about the event, how many people you expect and where the event will be. The POLST volunteers will do their best to accommodate.
For questions regarding any of the information presented in the videos or additional information about Nevada POLST, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.