Oral Health Nevada Inc. champions the dental health of all Nevadans whether they are living in our largest cities or in our most rural communities. We believe that access to appropriate and affordable dental care should not be a privilege because of income or where in the state a person lives - dental health is something that each Nevadan should be able to choose. We speak out for better dental public health policies that are supported by science and we serve as a hub for resources to support oral health professionals, decision makers and our residents.
Improve the oral health of all Nevadans - especially those who are the most vulnerable, by expanding access to affordable preventive and restorative services, promoting oral health education, and expanding communication and support through diverse partnerships.
Empowering all Nevadans to have the best oral health possible.
- Oral health is an important component of general health
- Engaging broad-based partners at the state and local level, Oral Health Nevada will collaborate in initiatives designed to increase public awareness of oral health as an important component of general health and will work to increase access to care for vulnerable, unserved, and underserved populations.
- Effective oral health education and advocacy will assist in influencing policy makers and the public's view of oral health.
- Working with our partners and other coalitions, Oral Health Nevada promotes and engages in education and advocacy efforts with stakeholders and policy makers to ensure an environment that promotes the highest standards of care leading to optimal oral health for all Nevadans.
- Participatory communication is essential in transforming oral health in Nevada.
- Oral Health Nevada strives to ensure that all partners and their beliefs will be respected and that an open dialogue will be encouraged with the ultimate goal of reducing oral health disparities and promoting health equity.
- Relevant and accessible information hubs are essential to meeting the needs of a community in a democracy.
- Oral Health Nevada will serve as a trusted resource providing up-to-date, relevant, and research-based oral health information and technical assistance to our partners, policy makers, and residents.
- Effective oral health advocacy requires strategic planning.
- Oral Health Nevada will collaborate with a broad-based constituency including, but not limited to oral health and health professionals, educators, industry, government agencies, institutions, and organizations to identify health needs and programming gaps of those populations most vulnerable to oral diseases.