The NCCR operates under the Standards set by the National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR) and the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR).
Information collected includes:
- Patient information (e.g. age, gender, race, address at diagnosis, place of birth, marital status, occupation and industry)
- Anatomic site of the primary tumor
- Histology (cell type) of the cancer
- Stage of disease at diagnosis
- First course of treatment
The NCCR understands that not all reporting facilities and providers have all collected information available. Special abstracting forms and instructions are available for specific reporting entities under the General Information/Cancer Reporting section.