Birth/Death Vital Records - Forms

Advanced Appointments Now Available!

The fastest way to obtain a birth or death record is by advanced appointment in our Carson City office.
Please be advised that if you arrive without an appointment, our office must prioritize advanced appointments. You may experience longer than normal wait times.
In the interest of safety, only one family will be allowed into the Vital Records lobby at a time. Please limit the number of people coming to an appointment to the absolute minimum.
Records may be ordered online at any time through

Marriage and Divorce Records

Need Help Getting Your Real ID?

If you already know your marriage or divorce date, proceed directly to the county list linked below to find in which you were married or divorced for the license or decree.

***NOTE ***

All Marriage and Divorce records are held at the county level. However, you will need to know the exact date of the marriage or divorce decree to get a copy. If you already know your date of marriage or the date the divorce decree was issued, please go directly to the county in which the marriage or divorce occurred. They can get the copy you need. The County contact list is linked below.

However if you do not know where you were married, what county you were married in, the county your were divorced in or when, you will need the State Office of Vital Records to do that search. Once you have the details, you will be able to give the county what they need to find your marriage license or divorce decree. Fill out the search request and include $10 per search you need done. The State will mail you back the results. The search request form is listed below the county contact list.