There are four kinds of medical marijuana establishment definitions in Nevada:
Dispensary: As per NRS 453A.115, a business that is registered with the Division and acquires, possesses, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, sells or dispenses marijuana or related supplies and educational materials to the holder of a valid registry identification card.
Cultivation Facility: As per NRS 453A.056, a business that is registered with the Division, and acquires, possesses, cultivates, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies or sells marijuana and related supplies to a medical marijuana dispensaries; facilities for the production of edible marijuana products or marijuana-infused products; or other cultivation facilities.
Production of Edible Marijuana or Marijuana Infused Products: As per NRS 453A.105, a business that is registered with the Division pursuant to NRS 453A.322, and acquires, possesses, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, or sells edible marijuana products or marijuana infused products to medical marijuana dispensaries.
Independent Testing Laboratory: As per NRS 453A.107, a business that is registered with the Division to test marijuana, edible marijuana products and marijuana- infused products. Such an independent testing laboratory must be able to determine accurately, with respect to marijuana, edible marijuana products and marijuana-infused products, the concentration therein of THC and cannabidiol, the presence and identification of molds and fungus, and the presence and concentration of fertilizers and other nutrients.
Can Nevada medical marijuana cultivation take place in a greenhouse?
Medical marijuana must take place in an enclosed locked facility, which is defined in NRS 453A.103 thusly: “Enclosed, locked facility” means a closet, display case, room, greenhouse or other enclosed area that meets the requirements of NRS 453A.362 and is equipped with locks or other security devices which allow access only by a medical marijuana establishment agent and the holder of a valid registry identification card.
Nevada medical marijuana cultivation in a greenhouse is acceptable if the greenhouse…
• is an “enclosed, locked facility…” (NRS 453A.352)
• has adequate lighting in all areas (NAC 453A.608)
• if dim lighting is required, the MME has a written policy explaining the reason (NAC 453A.608)
• has adequate ventilation and equipment to control air pressure, , microorganisms, dust, humidity and temperature when appropriate for the manufacture, processing, packaging or holding of marijuana or marijuana products (NAC 453A.608)
• is maintained in a state of good repair (NAC 453A.616)
• has restricted access, is enclosed and locked, with access to agents only (NAC 453A.472)
• is such that the marijuana growing at the facility cannot be observed from outside the facility (NAC 453A.472)
• does not emit an odor that is detectable from outside the facility (NAC 453A.472)