Worksite Wellness (WW)
We know that...
Employees spend approximately 36 percent of their total waking hours at work, and more employees are becoming overweight from poor eating habits and physical inactivity, and heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes are all linked by common risk factors associated with poor eating habits, physical inactivity and tobacco use. As employers, it makes sense for us to get the most out of our employees by creating a work environment that supports and encourages good health.
Employees who improve their health can...
- Improve their overall fitness and mental alertness
- Enjoy improved morale
- Reduce their absenteeism and presenteeism due to sudden illness or chronic health issues
- Live healthier, longer lives
Return on investment
How Wellness Affects Your Company's Bottom Line Here are some key benefits of wellness programs:
- Decreased health care costs
- Provide a return on investment
- Increased productivity
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improve morale and retain staff