Improve the quality of life and health of Nevadans by increasing food security throughout the state.
- Incorporate economic development opportunities into food security solutions.
- Use a comprehensive, coordinated approach to ending hunger and promoting health and nutrition, rather than just providing emergency short-term assistance.
- Focus on strategic partnerships between all levels of government, communities, and nonprofit organizations including foundations, private industries, universities, and research institutions.
- Use available resources in a more effective and efficient way.
- Implement research-based strategies to achieve measurable results.