The Diabetes Prevention and Control Program is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The goal is to reduce disease, disability, and death related to pre-diabetes and diabetes by:
- Defining the nature, extent, distribution and causes of the burden of diabetes in Nevada. Developing integrated approaches to reduce the diabetes burden in Nevada.
- Monitor diabetes policy and legislation.
- Strengthen professional and public education for diabetes prevention and control. Foster Diabetes Prevention Education and Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs throughout the state in partnership with diabetes education providers.
- Improve the delivery and use of quality clinical and
other health services aimed at preventing and managing diabetes; and
- Increase links between community and clinical
organizations to support prevention, self-management and control of
Prediabetes and Diabetes in Nevada