Diabetes Prevention and Control
The Diabetes Prevention and Control Program is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The goal is to reduce disease, disability, and death related to pre-diabetes and diabetes by:
- Defining the nature, extent, distribution and causes of the burden of diabetes in Nevada. Developing integrated approaches to reduce the diabetes burden in Nevada.
- Monitor diabetes policy and legislation.
- Strengthen professional and public education for diabetes prevention and control. Foster Diabetes Prevention Education and Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs throughout the state in partnership with diabetes education providers.
- Improve the delivery and use of quality clinical and
other health services aimed at preventing and managing diabetes; and
- Increase links between community and clinical
organizations to support prevention, self-management and control of
Prediabetes and Diabetes in Nevada