Environmental Health Logo

Septic Tank Pumping Contractor Program

General Information

Anyone engaged in the business of removing and disposing of domestic septage from septic tanks, holding tanks, portable toilets or other similar sewage treatment or disposal facilities must obtain a septic tank pumping contractor license from the Division of Public and Behavioral Health Environmental Health Section.

  • This permit is not tranferable to another business or other vehciles

A permit must be amended before using a vehicle which is not listed on the application and before changing a point of discharge. Applications for may be found in the Forms Section.

    Application for a Permit to Operate

    • A completed application on a form provided by the health division;
    • The vehicle registration must be attached for each vehicle listed in the application;
    • Exact locations of disposal sites must be listed on the application. A "Will Serve" letter must be for each location must be submitted with the application.


    As of January 7, 2016 the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health has an on-line application and payment system for Septic Tank Pumping Contractors. See the link below to access the new system.


    PLEASE NOTE: For optimal use of the Online Licensing System, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9-11, Safari 5.0 and Firefox 26-40. Please do NOT use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

      This system may not be compatible with phones and tablets, for best results use a desktop or laptop computer.

        Contact Us

        Environmental Health Section
        727 Fairview Drive, STE. D
        Carson City. NV 89701
        Phone: (775) 687-7533
        Fax: (775) 687-7551

        General Information


        Last Updated: 6/19/2016