Permits: Temporary Mass Gathering
Please submit temporary mass gathering applications a minimum of 30 days before the start of the event.
A temporary mass gathering means an outdoor assembly of persons with an actual or reasonably anticipated daily attendance of not fewer than 500 persons that operates or may reasonably be expected to operate not less than 20 hours a day for more than 3 days and takes place at a location that lacks permanent facilities specifically intended for the type of assembly involved.
In addition to the permit to operate a temporary mass gathering the additional information listed below is required to be submitted with the application.
- The site plan of the mass gathering event.
- The location, types and number of toilet facilities and facilities for hand washing.
- The location and a description of each water station and the source of the water for each station.
- The location and identity of each food establishment, including each temporary food establishment, and the type of food to be served at each establishment.
- The location, types and number of containers for the collection or storage of solid waste and the name of the provider of the containers.
- The location of the headquarters of the operator.
- The name, number and headquarters of each septic tank pumping operator.
The health authority may require an applicant to provide any additional information that the health authority determines is reasonably necessary to protect the public health.
Payment of Fees
Payments using the on-line system require an e-check or credit card. If unable to use the on-line system, the accepted payment types include: cash, check or money order. Please make payable to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH). All permits, annual and temporary submitted on paper, and mailed or hand delivered must be accompanied by payment. DPBH does not accept credit cards over the phone.
Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.