Individual Sewage Disposal System - Loan Certification Program
The Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health can provide Loan Certification for ISDS. Loan certifications are sometimes required by lenders before a residential loan can be approved.
Home Loan Septic Inspection Procedure
A septic inspection is performed by request from a realtor, current homeowner or prospective buyer.
- Complete the application for inspection of Individual Sewage Disposal System and return to the appropriate Environmental Health Section field office.
- Complete payment ($133) must be made prior to or at the time of the septic inspection. The Environmental Health Section does not have the ability to be billed for service rendered.
- An appointment must be made prior to the septic inspection, with the local Environmental Health Section field office
- A visual inspection will be conducted on the property to look for any signs of past or present sewage surfacing and/ or plumbing drain lines that are not properly connected to the septic system. Surfacing sewage is just ONE factor that might indicate an individual sewage disposal system malfunction.
- Upon completion of the septic inspection, a copy of the inspection report will be given to the appropriate party. Any deficiencies detected will be documented on the inspection report.
Payment of Fees
Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.