Permit: Bottled Water Program
Permit to Operate
All persons intending to sell bulk or bottled water in Nevada must obtain a permit from the Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Environmental Health Section. Water sources originating or being bottled inside or imported into Nevada requires a State permit. Permitting is used to verify that the water is from an approved source which is properly protected, labeled, tested for contaminants and inspected to verify that it is bottled in a sanitary manner.
Supplemental Permit Application
All persons intending to operate a Bottled Water facility must submit a Supplemental Bottled Water Application. This application collects information specific to the facility type.
Checklist: Documentation Requirements (In-State and Out-of-State)
- Permit to Operate
- Supplemental Permit Application
- A copy of the permit issued by your local health authority showing approval of the source water(s) and the bottling plant.
- A report by the applicant regarding past compliance with the applicable regulations on the quality and sampling of the water produced and distributed. A copy of the most recent inspection is acceptable.
- A copy of the recent, complete chemical analysis of the source water(s), and finished product, including inorganic chemicals, chlorinated organic chemicals, volatile organics, synthetic organic compounds, herbicides and pesticides, radioactive elements, and asbestos, according to NAC 445A.555
- Copies of the three (3) most recent bacteriological tests for each product.
- Label Application *If Required*
Samples of all most recent label(s) for product(s) currently produced by the company for distribution in Nevada. Label review fee(s) in the amount of $83.00 will apply for EACH new / modified product label. This completed application form and remittance of the label review fee of $83.00 per NEW or MODIFIED label payable to the Nevada Division of Pubic and Behavioral Health.
Plan Review Requirements (In-State ONLY)
Submission of plans, specifications for approval of construction or remodeling.
1. Before an operator begins to construct or extensively remodel a plant, he or she shall submit properly prepared plans and specifications for that construction or remodeling to the appropriate health authority for its approval.
2. The plans and specifications must show:
(a) The proposed layout of the plant;
(b) The proposed layout of the processing, bottling and storage areas;
(c) The proposed size, type and arrangement of the equipment to be used in those areas; and
(d) The materials proposed for use in the construction of those areas.
- $150 for an annual fee to operate a plant
- $200 for a full plan review of a facility
- $100 for a remodel of an existing facility
- $175.00 Annual fee to sell or distribute bottled water produced outside of Nevada.
Payment of Fees
The fee(s) must be paid with cash (at a field office), check, bank draft or money order, made payable to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.