Early Hearing Detection & Intervention (EHDI)- Community
Information for Parents
- Learning About Hearing Loss
Nevada Hands and Voices -
- Nevada Hands & Voices is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to supporting families and their children who are deaf or hard of hearing, as well as the professionals who serve them. We are a parent-driven, parent/professional collaborative group that is unbiased towards communication modes and methods. Our motto is “What works for your child is what makes the choice right!” We currently have bi-monthly Parent Connection Meetings in Reno and Las Vegas to bring families together and provide information and support on current issues. In addition to these meetings we also run a program called Guide By Your Side, matching families with newly identified hearing loss to a parent in the area who also has a child with hearing loss.
- Click here to visit the NV Hands & Voices website
The Alexander Graham Bell Association for the
Deaf and Hard of Hearing - Nevada Chapter-
- AG Bell helps families, health care providers and education professionals understand childhood hearing loss and the importance of early diagnosis and intervention. Through advocacy, education, research and financial aid, AG Bell helps to ensure that every child and adult with hearing loss has the opportunity to listen, talk and thrive in mainstream society. AG Bell's mission: Advancing Listening and Spoken Language for Individuals who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. AG Bell Nevada Chapter (AGBNV) is a Non Profit 501(c) 3 organization, accepting of the various communication options and passionately serving the oral deaf and hard of hearing community where listening and spoken language is the desired outcome.
- Click here to visit the AG Bell NV website.
Deaf Centers of Nevada -
- Deaf Centers of Nevada is a non-profit organization dedicated to making real, meaningful differences in our Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Our work is driven by a core group of idealistic individuals who realize the power to effect change comes from their dedication to improving the lives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals of Nevada. Mission: Advocate for the rights of full and equal access to education, employment and improving the quality of lives of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and DeafBlind individuals. Educate the community of the unique communicative needs, abilities and accomplishments of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and DeafBlind individuals to live independently and productively.
- Click here to visit the Deaf Centers Of Nevada website.