Early Hearing Detection & Intervention (EHDI)- Community
Information for Parents
- Learning About Hearing Loss
Nevada Hands & Voices -
- Nevada Hands & Voices is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to support families and their children who are deaf or hard of hearing, as well as the professionals who serve them.They are a parent-driven, parent/professional collaborative group that is unbiased towards communication modes and methods. They sponsor a program call Guide By Your Side which matches families with newly identified infants with hearing loss to a parent in the area who also has a child with hearing loss.
- Click here to visit the NV Hands & Voices website
The Alexander Graham Bell Association for the
Deaf and Hard of Hearing - Nevada Chapter-
- AG Bell helps families, health care providers and education professionals understand childhood hearing loss and the importance of early diagnosis and intervention. Through advocacy, education, research and financial aid, AG Bell helps to ensure that every child and adult with hearing loss has the opportunity to listen, talk and thrive in mainstream society. AG Bell's mission: Advancing Listening and Spoken Language for Individuals who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. AG Bell Nevada Chapter is accepting of the various communication options and passionately serving the oral deaf and hard of hearing community where listening and spoken language is the desired outcome.
- Click here to visit the AG Bell NV website.
Deaf Centers of Nevada -
- Deaf Centers of Nevada is a non-profit organization dedicated to making real, meaningful differences in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Their work is driven by a core group of idealistic individuals who realize the power to effect change comes from their dedication to improving the lives of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals of Nevada. Mission: Advocate for the rights of full and equal access to education, employment and improving the quality of lives of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and DeafBlind individuals. Educate the community of the unique communicative needs, abilities and accomplishments of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and DeafBlind individuals to live independently and productively.
- Click here to visit the Deaf Centers Of Nevada website.