Open and Operate a Child Care Facility
Below are the steps in submitting an application for a new child care facility in Nevada.
- Step 1 - Complete the appropriate Consent and Release Form based on your location. Applicant and Owner/Director must sign third page of document. Incomplete forms will not be accepted and will be returned.
- (See "Background Investigation Forms and Information" section under "Forms" below.
- Step 2 - Obtain the appropriate fingerprint referral from your employer where applicable.
- Step 3 - Take the complete consent and release and referral to your local police jurisdiction for processing.
- Step 4 - Contact Nevada Department of Public Safety at 775-684-6262 for payment and submission information. Mail the money order and the fingerprint card to:
- Nevada Department of Public Safety
- Criminal History Repository
- 333 West Nye Lane, Suite 100
- Carson City, NV 89706
- Step 5 - Upon completion of fingerprinting a copy of the Consent and Release form and applicable work card(s) must be sent to Child Care Licensing for audit purposes.
- Step 6 - Once appropriate card(s) and/or reports are received, Child Care Licensing will notify the facility of the applicant’s background clearance status.
Whether opening a brand new child care facility in Nevada, or maintaining a licensed facility, there are a number of forms that must be filled out and submitted. Visit this page for links to these forms (both online and for download).
Training and Education
Visit this page for information and links to training opportunities for child care providers and workers throughout Nevada.
Online Licensing System Video Tutorial
Watch the video below or download a slideshow to help you get started with the Child Care Unit's online licensing system.