Child Care Licensing serves Nevada’s communities by ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of children in licensed child care facilities. Child Care Licensing develops appropriate rules, monitors for compliance, offers technical assistance and training to caregivers, and provides consumer education.
Our vision for the Child Care Licensing Unit is to promote the healthy growth, development, and protection of children, increase availability of positive and nurturing learning environments and provide support for families by regulating and licensing high quality, developmentally appropriate, and flexible care, through a wide range of care options. This vision involves mentoring and guiding child care providers to become advocates for children and family issues, as well as, foster the growth and development of the provider community. In support of this vision Child Care Licensing will work to expand the awareness of state legislators, local regulatory agencies and consumers so as to encourage support for improving the quality of child care environments for Nevada's children and families.
- Step 1: Attend Licensed Application Process Training (LAP) – Contact your local Child Care Licensing office for more information on reserving your seat
- Step 2: Submit online application and required fee, https://nvdpbh.aithent.com/Login.aspx (Please do not use Google Chrome when accessing this website)
- Step 3: Licensing agency will make contact with the prospective provider to schedule initial Licensing consultation
Facility Types Defined
- Family cares are facilities within an individual’s residential home. They are allowed to care for up to 6 children within their home with a license and a curriculum.
- Group cares are facilities within an individual’s residential home. They are allowed to care for up to 12 children within their home and require one additional caregiver and a curriculum.
- Accommodations are facilities that have a primary business open to public that provides child care to customers, where customers are required to remain on the premises of said business, for up to 3 hours.
- Centers are facilities that stand alone and provide all day curriculum child care to children
- Institutions are facilities that care and house at risk youth. They provide educational, daily sustenance, shelter, medical and dental care to the children under their supervision.
- On-sites are facilities that provide care to children of employed individuals of the business only.
STEP 1: Complete the appropriate Consent
and Release Form based on your location (see the Background Investigation Forms and Information under Forms). Applicant and Owner/Director must sign third page of
document. Incomplete forms will not be accepted and will be returned.
STEP 2: Obtain the appropriate fingerprint referral from your employer where
applicable. STEP 3: Take
the complete consent and release and referral
to your local police jurisdiction for processing STEP 4: Contact Nevada Department of
Public Safety at 775-684-6262 for payment and submission information. Mail the money order and the fingerprint card to:
NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
CRIMINAL HISTORY REPOSITORY
333 West Nye Lane, Suite 100
Carson City, NV 89706
STEP 5: Upon completion of
fingerprinting a copy of the Consent and Release form and applicable work
card(s) must be sent to Child Care Licensing for audit purposes.
Once appropriate card(s) and/or reports are received, Child Care
Licensing will notify the facility of the applicant’s background clearance
Permit Application Process
If you are a local government agency wishing to
permit an Out-of-School Recreation Program please read the OSRP Memo then complete and submit the Permit Application, applicable fee and all required documents. If you have any
changes to the information provided on your application please complete and
submit the OSRP Request for Change of Information form.
- Statewide Annual Licensing Report
- Renewal Forms
- Informational Forms
- Facility Logs
- Director Forms
To apply as a Director for a facility, please visit https://nvdpbh.aithent.com/Login.aspx and submit application online. (Please do not use Google Chrome when accessing this website)
- Background Investigation Forms and Information
- Sample Forms / Other
Training and Education
Child Care Advisory Council (CCAC)
CLICS website (Please do not use Chrome when accessing the CLICS System)