Permit to Operate
Any person desiring to operate a food establishment must submit a permit to operate and any other requested documents to the health authority.
All persons intending to operate a Shellfish Distribution facility must submit a Supplemental Application. This application collects information specific to the facility type.
Checklist: Documentation Requirements
- Permit to Operate (See "Forms" tab); and
- Supplemental Shellfish Distribution Application (See "Forms" tab); and
- A map which indicates the location of the facility; and
- Hazards Analysis Critical Control Plan (HACCP); and
- Example of logs: calibration procedures, temperature of units, receiving logs, sanitation logs; and
- Recall procedure; and
- Example of a tag (if you are re-packaging); and
- All applicable fees; and
- Label applications and fees. *If required*
Plan Review Information
If your facility location resides in a location under the jurisdiction of the Division of Public and Behavioral Health then a Food Establishment Plan Review must be submitted with the application as per the Nevada Revised Statute 446.930 and Nevada Administrative Code 446.955 which requires that properly prepared plans and specifications be submitted to the Health Authority for review and approval when a food establishment is newly constructed, extensively remodeled, or if an existing structure is converted into a food establishment before any work has begun.
- Annual Permit Fee $1,835
- Review of plan for analyzing the hazards of critical control points $635
Payment of Fees
Payments using the on-line system require an e-check or credit card. If unable to use the on-line system, the accepted payment types include: cash, check or money order. Please make payable to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH). All permits, annual and temporary submitted on paper, and mailed or hand delivered must be accompanied by payment. DPBH does not accept credit cards over the phone.
Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.