Permits: Construction and Labor Camps

Permit to Operate

Before operating a construction or labor camp, the operator must apply for a permit to operate, submit sufficient plans for review by the Health Division (DBPH) and pay the required fees. Within a reasonable period after receipt of an application for a permit to operate a labor camp, plans of the labor camp and the required fees, the Health Division shall review the application and plans submitted for accuracy and completeness. Upon receipt of an application that it determines to be complete, the Health Division (DBPH) shall conduct an inspection to determine whether the facility complies with NAC 444.550 to 444.566, inclusive.

    Supplemental Application

    All persons intending to operate a Construction and Labor Camp must submit a Supplemental Application. This application collects information specific to the facility type.

      Checklist: Documentation Requirements

      • Permit to Operate
      • Supplemental Application
      • Plot plan of construction and labor camp drawn to scale

      Plan Review Requirements

      Any person providing a construction or labor camp must notify the health authority at least 30 days before their intended use and must furnish the following information:

      • Names and addresses of owners or operators;
      • Location of facilities;
      • Size of labor camp and facilities;
      • Number of workers;
      • Water availability;
      • Sewage system and sanitation facilities;
      • Garbage facilities; and
      • Any other facility information which is applicable, including food, sanitary and laundry facilities.


      • For an annual permit to operate a construction or labor camp
        • $166 plus $1.25 for each five workers above 30.
      • For a plan for a new facility
        • $124 plus $1.25 for each 5 workers above 30 in the camp.
      • For a plan for remodeling a facility which has a permit
        • $83 plus $1.25 for each five workers above 30 workers in the camp.

      Payment of Fees

      The fee(s) must be paid with cash (at a field office), check, bank draft or money order, made payable to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Fees paid will not be refunded for failure to obtain final approval or voluntary withdrawal.