“Community-based living arrangement services” means flexible, individualized services, including training and habilitation services, that are provided in the home, for compensation, to persons with mental illness or persons with developmental disabilities and designed and coordinated to assist such persons in maximizing their independence.
Locate CBLA services near you in Nevada
To find a full list of licensed community-based living arrangements (CBLAs) in Nevada, visit findahealthfacility.nv.gov and follow the instructions below:
- Select "Health Facilities" from the "Business Unit" menu.
- Select "Community-Based Living Arrangement" from the "Credential Type" menu.
- CBLA providers are listed in two categories: CBLA “Residential/Facility Provider” and CBLA “Service Only Provider.” A CBLA Residential Facility Provider owns/leases/rents and operates a home with CBLA clients. A CBLA Service Only Provider provides behavioral health-type services in the client's own home and does not operate a home.
- Click "Search" to view the list or "Generate Excel" to get the list in a spreadsheet for downloading or printing.
State Laws and Regulations
Licensing and Applications
To apply for a certificate to operate a community-based living arrangement facility or services, you must complete the following:
New CBLA applicants must complete 16 hours of training concerning provision of services. The training courses can be accessed by clicking the links below. You will need to have an existing NEATS account or set one up (click here for instructions).
Nevada law requires CBLA providers to post a sign with the telephone number that may be used to make a complaint to the Division of Public and Behavioral Health) concerning the provider.
This requirement, under section 4(b) of Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 449.111, took effect Jan. 1, 2020. HCQC inspectors will be checking to make sure CBLA providers have posted a sign in the CBLA homes they operate. Providers may create their own sign, or a sign that can be printed and posted is available below.
- First aid and CPR training resources
- Technical Bulletins – Important Notices